Eating a well-balanced diet that is rich in nutrients can be beneficial for overall skin health. Here are some foods that you may want to consider including in your diet to promote healthy skin:
1. Fatty fish such as salmon, tuna, and mackerel, which are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that can help reduce inflammation and protect skin from sun damage.
2. Nuts and seeds such as almonds, walnuts, and sunflower seeds. These are rich in vitamin E, a potent antioxidant that can help protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals.
3. Fruits and vegetables such as berries, citrus fruits, sweet potatoes, and leafy greens, which are rich in vitamins A, C, and E as well as other antioxidants that can help promote skin health and protect against damage.
4. Whole grains such as brown rice, quinoa, and whole-wheat bread, which are rich in fiber and can help regulate blood sugar levels, potentially reducing the risk of skin inflammation.
5. Green tea, which is rich in antioxidants called catechins that can help protect the skin from damage caused by UV radiation.
Although diet is such a key player in your skin health, other factors including stress, skin care topicals, hydration, and exercise can impact your skin health. If you are curious about how you can improve your skin health through your diet, come in and we can provide you with an individualized plan to support your skin goals so you can be clear and glowing for the summer.
Save the following checklist: